Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

2014 Goals

2013 was a great year for me. I learned so much about myself, what made me happy and what I was passionate about. I grew in my studies and fell more in love with the environment. And I moved ahead at my job. I also gained a lot of new friends and had a lot of great experiences. I'm so happy with how 2013 worked out and I want to continue moving forward with the happy life that I have found. Below are just a few dates in 2013 that are important to me & that will help explain where I began:


February 17th, 2013: I participated in my first environmental activist rally and realized how important it was for me to be a steward of the Earth.
April 25th, 2013: I began my fitness journey with my trainer. Since then, I have lost 50 lbs and have completely changed my lifestyle. Living a healthy life is a happy life for me and I'm never going back to how I used to be. 
April 26th, 2013: I turned 21! The birthday that most of us look forward to for years & it was wonderful. 
May 11th, 2013: I ran my first 5K in Baltimore!


2014 is bound to be a great year as well. I am graduating, first and foremost, in May this year. I am also starting an internship where I'll be able to get a wide variety of experience in the Western New York environmental field. I also want to continue my fitness journey and finally reach my goal weight. Along with that, I will be working towards not only eating "healthy" but eating a more organic and natural diet, while on a student budget of course. Below are my goals so far for 2014, I will be sure to update them moving forward:

  1. Participate in my first half marathon in May
  2. Lose 20lbs by SPRING BREAK! in March
  3. Reach my goal weight of 135
  4. Attend yoga at least once a week to keep a clear mind and soul
If you had asked me a year ago if I could run a mile, I would tell you no way in hell. In 2013, I participated in 4 races and I want to keep going. Over the next few months, I will be training to do my first half marathon in May. I seriously cannot believe it. Since losing weight, I have become more confident and more adventurous in my life and I have been so happy doing that. I want to continue to push my limits and see how far I can go.

Here's to a great year!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you run your first half marathon...about to sign up for the marathon today!

    ReplyDelete