Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Wish Me Luck...

Last night, I did my weekly shopping so that I could prep today. I always do one big shopping trip and prep day once a week but this time everything was vegan friendly. I did a lot of research this past week on what can eat and what fits my diet plan. 

This whole transition didn't go without a minor freak out. I knew this was going to be hard, but as the days went on leading down to when I start, I got more nervous about me not being able to do it. It was funny talking to people about my decision and listening to what they had to say. Many said that they would never be able to do it and wished me luck. Something I noticed as I reflected on these conversations is that I've already made sacrifices, I have had to come to terms with the fact that food doesn't control my life and life is about so much more than what I'll be eating for lunch or some craving that I'm having. Of course this mindset hasn't come without a few set backs. But at the end of the day, I still went shopping and decided to go ahead with the plan. 

I spent $98, WAY more than I had budgeted, granted I bought some school supplies and expensive spices for a recipe. I bought my organic fruits and vegetables for the week, I also had some from last week that I hadn't used up. I only bought one packet of hemp protein because I wanted to make sure I liked it before investing in a whole pack. I also bought Raw Revolution protein bars, they're pretty tasty but have a lot of sugar in them so hopefully I can find something different, suggestions are welcome! I'm trying daiya mozzerella non-dairy cheese, I'm definitely interested to see how this will taste! 

My most interesting purchase was a Chia Pod, vanilla flavored. It was fairly pricey ($3.49 for one) so it better be good! 

I'm headed to the gym and then I will be doing my prepping for week one of vegan! Wish me luck! 


1 comment: